Strawberry legs are the dark, tiny lumps that you get in your feet that resemble a strawberry seed on their skin. It can happen on other areas of a person’s body, including the arms and on the backside but is mostly concentrated on legs, which are in many cases the most shaved ones.
There are three of the most common causes of strawberry legs
1. The Keratosis pilaris is an issue quite common among youngsters with dry skin and is commonly known as chicken skin. That’s where the skin releases excessive amounts of keratin and clogs up the hair follicles, which leads to the development of lumps over the skin.
Dry skin can damage the upper layer of the skin that is your skin barrier. The objective of the skin barrier is to keep unwanted invading agents and impurities from penetrating the epidermis. Such pollutants can cause skin irritation, which can then lead to serious scaly rashes, redness, etc. You may experience irritation when cutaneous barrier on your skin is not functioning correctly, due to razor burns or shaving cream chemicals.
2. Expanded pores: These opened blackheads are also caused by excessive production of oil or sebum that normally clogs pores by trapping dead skin and bacteria. Once exposed to air through the shaving process, they magically oxidize and appear darker.
3. Folliculitis is mainly caused by follicular irritation. Follicular irritation usually happens after you shave your skin and also due to the presence of incubated hair. After shaving, hair follicles under the skin faces great difficulty to penetrate the upper epidermis, which then acts as an obstruction that really can induce redness, small bumps, itchiness, and bleak blackheads.
Ways to Get Rid of Strawberry Legs
As mentioned earlier, individuals who have dry skin have significantly more susceptibility to strawberry legs. But you don’t have to worry as there are many natural remedies to get rid of it.
Moisturize Your Skin – Daily
Properly hydrated skin is essential to keep skin healthy and irritable. You ask why? Your skin barrier needs moisture to remain healthy and intact. You may experience irritation When your skin barrier is damaged. And this irritability risk only becomes more significant when you do activities like shaving or scrubbing.
So, moisturize often with only quality products or fresh water to protect your skin barrier and prevent the development of dark pores and strawberry legs. With proper moisturization, your skin does not only remain healthier, but it will also be much smoother and softer.
Use Olive Oil
During the rejuvenation process, the miraculous effects of aromatic olive oil are universally known.
You only have to go through two steps to treat strawberry legs with this amazing recipe.
- Stir together both brown sugar and olive oil in the 1:2 ratio. After thoroughly stirring the mixture, apply it evenly over the area concerned.
- Allow the paste to rest for approximately 10 to 15 minutes. After 15-minutes you can wash off the area with cold water to remove the paste. Use a clean towel to pat dry the area and to see the difference.
With consistent application of this blend, you will notice a considerable reduction in the effects of strawberry legs.
Everyone knows how painful using an epilator can be, and the worst part is the pain lasts longer and can result in severe redness, skin irritation, etc.
But in no way, you can compare it with shaving. First, the way epilator works are completely different than the functioning of the shaver. Second, the epilator is painful, period.
Now you may ask when you already know that epilator is painful then why you are recommending it?
Well, it’s true that they are painful because they don’t trim your hair follicles instead they pull them out your skin. But that results in much smoother and softer skin compared to what you will experience after shaving.
Drawbacks of epilator:
- The area that goes back is much thicker and stronger.
- In a few cases, the user may experience in-grown hair, which again is painful.
The benefits of using epilator:
- Hairs will grow but slowly.
- Your skin will look much more smooth and soft.
- You won’t have to deal with strawberry legs.
- With periodical use, your pain resistance will improve.
Organic Sea Salt Scrub
Once you have both of these essential ingredients, you will need to mix them in a ration of 2:1. So you need to take a single bowl of the sea salt with half a cup of oil and have to stir it for a couple of minutes. Once you notice a light whitish/pale paste, massage it in a circular motion on the affected area.
Use Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is known to be a very effective hydrating agent. There is medical evidence to suggest that Aloe Vera contains “mucopolysaccharides”  that are long, unbranched polysaccharides capable of binding and holding water. These are naturally occurring in our bodies, and their primary purpose is to act as a natural lubricant for joints and to contribute to the elasticity of connectivity tissues in the human body.
Aloe Vera is also known to be very effective against bacterial, infections as they have “anthraquinones” Which according to various studies  has demonstrated the ability to inhibit bacterial activities.
Thanks to “mucopolysaccharides,” when you apply Aloe Vera over your skin tends to drop the moisture within itself while preventing any foreign substance from entering into your skin, thus preventing the formation of strawberry legs.
How to properly apply Aloe Vera:
- Purchase only 100% organic Aloe Vera from the market. If you have Aloe Vera plant at your home, then cut a small piece of its leaf and take out the white slimy gel between the two green layers.
- Grass and stir this gel until it becomes liquid.
- Wash the area (where you want to apply it) with fresh water and pat dry.
- Apply the Aloe Vera gel evenly onto the area until it completely dissolves.
- You can keep this gel on the affected area for as long as you want as it’s only going to protect your skin from foreign agents while maintaining your skin’s moisture level.
- Once you think it’s been long enough, you can wash off the area with lukewarm water to notice the difference.
These were some of the most effective and chemical free methods to get rid of strawberry legs. If you think I missed any method which might have worked for you, you can share it with me in the comments section below.